Friday, June 18, 2010

I was inspired.....

...when I saw these! I was perusing some lovely blogs when I saw these cheery cupcakes on the Dainty Squid blog, one of my favorite online reads. How colorful and fun, they just looked like a party to me!

(These two photos are from the Dainty Squid blog)
....so I decided to make some of my own! And it was actually pretty easy!
I basically made the cake mix according to the directions on the box, seperated the batter into four bowls , and added a different neon food color to each bowl.
Then I spooned a little bit of each color into each paper cake cup and baked!

I don't bake that often because it kind of intimidates me for some reason, but this was fun!
I think I want to try it again but make the colors brighter! Once the cupcakes were baked the colors looked a bit more pastel than I thought they were going to, but I love them!
I want to say thanks to the Dainty Squid for providing inspiration for an entire afternoon of fun!

1 comment: