Yes I'm afraid it's true. Hi, my name is Sara and I'm Christmasholic.
I just love the general spirit of the season!
Christmas is a time of year that has developed A HUGE number of traditions in our family over the years.....i love how we do special things at special times all together as a family.
Get's me thinking about what traditions my own little family is going to develop through the years....Exciting to think about!
Some of my Christmasy (is that a word? It is now!) favorites include:
1. Christmas decorations! In my family it's a tradition to decorate the tree together, and my mom gets us each a new ornament every year!
Matt and I have adapted this tradition a bit. We don't just get one another an ornament...we try to get an ornament that really symbolizes the changes we went through that year or how our interests adapt. It's been fun!
2. Christmas cooking! This is a fairly new "love" for me....cooking that is. But there is something about the smell of gingerbread or pumpkin spice cookies wafting through my house that I just adore, and nothing is better than cooking a delicious turkey with Matt! ( I especially like to cook WITH Matt )
We will see what treats we'll cook up this year!
3. Merry Christmas Charlie Brown.
A 30 minute iconic Christmas short about the TRUE meaning of Christmas!
Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, who gave us such a wonderful gift of salvation, which is why we give gifts to one another!
I always get to feelin' super Christmasy after I watch Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!
4. Holiday Drinks from Starbucks! As a Starbucks barista it's easy to let myself get overloaded with Gingerbread lattes and Pumpkin Spice lattes(as they are free to me while I am working, and have a great discount when I'm not working)....so I like to only have them every once in a while so it's festive and special!
5. This tradition is one of my favorites! My mom and I have done it every year since I can remember! We call it "light looking". It's exactly what it sounds like.....we drive around different neighborhoods and look at Christmas lights! It seems so magical when everyone puts up their lights! Houses lit up with beautiful Christmas scenes! Oh I love it!
Well....now you know my little secret . Although I don't think it's much of a secret from my friends and family ;)
What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions?
(all photos vis weheartit.com)